Orientation is your introduction to Norwich, and the chance to learn what you’ll need to succeed as an undergraduate. The Office of New Student Orientation will help you make a positive transition into the Norwich community and become acquainted with college life, which includes social development, community living, wellness and academics.
Orientation is a requirement for all new Norwich University students (residential and commuter). New civilian students and rooks will undergo very different experiences during Orientation, but both programs have similar objectives.
New Civilian Student Arrival Day
The New Civilian Student Arrival Day (Commuter & On-Campus Residential) is Wednesday, August 26, 2015. In-processing/check-in takes place between 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. in Shapiro Field House. New Civilian Student Orientation activities begin at 1:00 p.m.
For questions regarding civilian, residential, and commuter student orientation, contact the Orientation Office at 802.485.3372 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rook arrival is scheduled for Sunday, August 23, 2015. In-processing takes place between 7::00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. in Shapiro Field House.
For Rook Orientation questions, contact the Commandant’s Office at 802.485.2135 or email@example.com.
At Orientation you may:
- Meet with faculty, staff, and academic advisors.
- Complete academic testing and register for classes.
- Review your course schedule and adjust it as needed.
- Learn about campus programs and services.
- Be introduced to NU traditions and Guiding Values.
- Learn about residence halls, barracks and community living.
- Participate in barbecues and group activities.
- Meet other students, make new friends, and become part of the Norwich Family.