Orientation is your introduction to Norwich, and the chance to learn what you’ll need to succeed as an undergraduate. The Office of New Student Orientation will help you make a positive transition into the Norwich community and become acquainted with college life, which includes social development, community living, wellness and academics.
Orientation is a requirement for all new Norwich University students (residential and commuter).
New Civilian Student Arrival Day
The Fall 2016 New Civilian Student Arrival Day (Commuter & On-Campus Residential) is Wednesday, August 24, 2016. In-processing/check-in takes place between 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. in Shapiro Field House (campus map). New Civilian Student Orientation activities begin at 1:00 p.m. in White Chapel with a welcome from Norwich University President, Dr. Richard Schneider. Between 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. you will move into your room, grab lunch in our dining hall, and have an opportunity to visit the bookstore, Sullivan Museum and History Center, or other areas of campus.
An orientation schedule will be posted here by the end of July.
For questions regarding new student orientation, contact the Orientation Office at 802.485.3372 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Orientation you may:
- Meet with faculty, staff, and academic advisors.
- Review your course schedule and adjust it as needed.
- Learn about campus programs and services.
- Be introduced to NU traditions and Guiding Values.
- Learn about residence halls and community living.
- Participate in group activities.
- Meet other students, make new friends, and become part of the Norwich Family.