- View campus housing policies.
Built in 1905, Alumni Hall currently houses 200 cadets.
Completed in 1988, Crawford houses about 104 students of both lifestyles. This residence hall has an elevator and furnished lounges with TVs on all but one floor. This building is mostly triple rooms. It is named after David C. Crawford, Class of 1952.
Built in 1937, Dodge Hall houses civilian and Corps students. It was named for Maj. Gen. Grenville M. Dodge, who graduated from Norwich in 1851.
Built in 1962, Gerard is the newest residential building on the Upper Parade Ground. It houses 180 cadets and was named for industrialist Jacques A. Gerard.
Housing approximately 167 cadets, Goodyear Hall was built in 1955. The building was named for trustee Maj. Gen. Conger A. Goodyear.
Built in 1940, Hawkins houses 134 cadets. It was named after Norwich benefactor Gen. Rush Hawkins.
Patterson was built in 1958 and houses 127 cadets. The building was named after Harry W. Patterson, a 1909 graduate and trustee.
Ransom Hall houses 137 cadets and venerates Col. Truman B. Ransom, the second president of Norwich.
South Hall was built in 2009 and houses more than 280 civilian students. Amenities include a fitness center, lobby with information desk, acoustic room with piano, enclosed and open lounges, enclosed study rooms with AV capabilities and multiple bathrooms on each floor. This building includes double and single rooms. A quiet floor is also available to students upon request.
The newest civilian residence hall on campus, $26 million Dalrymple Hall (formerly West Hall) opened its doors to Norwich undergraduates on August 2014. Designed to accommodate 286 students, Dalrymple Hall mirrors neighboring South Hall and is the second of three planned new civilian residences for the Norwich campus. The three buildings will eventually house 750 students in all. Dalrymple Hall’s state-of-the-art design encompasses 84,204 square feet and meets LEED certification guidelines for energy conservation. The residence features student lounges, exercise and game rooms and laundry facilities.
Wilson Hall was built in 1961. It houses 137 cadets and was named after lawyer Stanley Calef Wilson.